Elianna's latest gems

In recent years, I have used this blog less and less frequently... but sometimes there are things, little things, I just want to remember. And if I just put it on facebook, I may never find it again.

Tonight, I got home very late from work. Elianna was waiting for me. "Guess what?," she said. "Remember that spelling test I took??" "Did you get it back?" I knew she hadn't studied for it, because she lost the study sheet. The day of her test, I thought I had found it on her bed. There was a big yellow sheet of paper there, and in big letters, in her handwriting, it said, "SPELL WORDS." It had a lot of words on it, all scribbled down in her writing. So I had said, "Here are your spelling words! OK, now, accio??" and at that point I gave up trying to help her for her test. But I digress. "I get to re-take my test!!" That was a prelude to, "I was close, I only missed that one by one letter!"

Later, as I was putting her to sleep, I asked Elianna, "when is your make-up test?" At this, she jumped up on the bed, and exclaimed, "make-up test???" And, making exaggerated gestures with her hands and a bit of a pose as if holding up something small and pointing to it, "This is the red make-up!! This is the blue make-up!!"

This is going to be an interesting year for the munchkin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Born to Run at 50

Bob Seger at Pine Knob, June 19, 2019

Springsteen: Nebraska 1982