A Personal Message: A Time to Give

In late 2005, I established an associates account with amazon, going primarily from my discography page. Any amazon.com sales generated by people navigating to amazon from my site generates commissions, that amazon eventually sends my way.

As I noted at that time, anything that comes my way from amazon.com will be turned over to charity, currently on a semi-annual basis, doubled by a match from me. All selected charities will be from the set of charities that Bruce Springsteen supports, that I have documented in substantial part at http://bruce.orel.ws/charities.html.

During the first half of 2012, a total of 157 items were sold by amazon off links from the site. Total commissions for the quarter were $179.12. With rounding and my personal match, the donation+match is $350.00.

The donation for this period is, unfortunately, an easy one.  It is going to the American Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org)

This one is a bit personal.  Sandy hit home, it hit home home, as Bruce might say.  The show is a disaster zone.  The home where I grew up has been without power all week, and for the first time in 50 years my mother has had to evacuate.  But she's one of the lucky ones:  her sister in Mountainside has power, and that's only a 20 minute drive.  Millions of others aren't so lucky, and they need help.

Bruce Springsteen supported the Red Cross's mission earlier this evening by participating in the "Come Together" telethon.  He sang, "meet me in a land of hope and dreams," a great and needed lyric for this time.  The Red Cross website is severely stressed right now, but it is possible to get through.  If you can help, help.

If you buy things at amazon (doesn't have to be Bruce stuff), please consider going through one of the links off http://bruce.orel.ws/discography.html. Or, if you're viewing the blog, just click to amazon logo above. You'll get the same prices as ever, and a percentage will end up with one of the charities.

Thanks to everyone who has participated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Name Day

A note from Youngstown... by request

Springsteen & E Street Band: Brooklyn, April 3, 2023