On December 6, I received a credit on a credit card statement: For "SHEA CLASS ACTION LIT. SETTLEMENT AWARD": -$0.05. Five cents! For what, I don't know, but I am 5 cents richer for being a member of the class. What class? After much searching, I have finally found out: It is for something called "Shea, et al. v. Household Bank (SB), National Association, OCSC Case No. OOCC12585." A settlement for $16 million against the company that issues the GM MasterCard. I had to go to Snopes to find it. Another blogger (scroll down to "Windfall") had already reported getting the refund. Now I feel really rich -- the blogger got only one cent in their settlement. One cent! I got a full nickel. HA! Today, my luck with classes continues: I received my check from the WorldCom Settlement Fund . This one is big, big, big! For defrauding millions of investors, the remnants of WorldCom, Citigroup, and Andersen had to shell out over $6 billion in damag...
Comments