Monty is climbing Everest

What does one do when a seemingly normal friend -- albeit one I've met in person only once, through more than a decade of email correspondence -- decides to climb Mt. Everest?

Not that Monty can't do it, he's climbed mountains in the Himalayas before, and has had his share of near death experiences. But I'm aiming to see Monty out in Portland in August, so he better make it back it one piece! And while my travbuddy profile is now updated because I have seen the Birmingham, Alabama airport from the tarmac, I think Monty's is a bit more interesting... and scenic.

So what I do is, decide to follow along with Monty's blog. It's at http://monty-val-everest.blogspot.com. Good luck, Monty, and I look forward to sharing some good wine with you in about half a year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Name Day

A note from Youngstown... by request

Springsteen & the E Street Band: Columbus, April 21, 2024